Join Global Nomads Group on April 22nd at 12:30pm ET (9:30am PT) for a special hour-long youth discussion event on Ocean Health! Led by trained facilitators, youth will connect to explore our local and global ecosystems, share their own stories about plastic use in their community, and expand their global perspectives by learning from one another. The event culminates with the creation of an action plan to benefit their communities and protect our planet.
PREPARE - Before the live event, youth will:
- watch a short video on the history of plastic and its impact on our environment and hear stories from youth in the United States and Morocco to gain new perspectives;
- share their own story about a plastic item that they use everyday, its origin, use, and impact.
LIVE EVENT - In small groups led by trained GNG facilitators and held via Zoom, youth will:
- connect with their global peers for an hour-long discussion;
- reflect on the stories they shared before the event, explore the impact of plastic on their local and global communities, and hear stories from youth around the world broadening their global awareness and building empathy;
- create an action plan to benefit their community and help protect our planet.
Registered participants must complete the prep work to join the discussion event!
Space is limited! When the event reaches capacity, we will add you to our waitlist.
- Complete the form with your information; click SUBMIT.
- Check your email! You will receive an email confirming your participation within 24-48 hours. This will include information about how to prepare for the event, which will be held via Zoom, and who you can contact should you have any questions.
Since 1998, Global Nomads Group (GNG) has engaged over 1 million youth in 60 countries with its innovative, teen-centered programs. GNG has developed future leaders and global citizens - youth who are empathetic, globally aware, and able to take positive action in their communities. Join our community!